On June 23 2009, voting was open at BlytheDoll.Com.
Artic Victoria won 3rd prize: Miss Popularity!
In a land of snow and ice, under the aurora borealis Victoria goes out for a walk. Even though she lives in a terribly cold place she endures the weather with a wicked fashion sense. She takes along her dear friend, Ursa, a little blue bear that has kept her company since she was a little girl.
Victoria is a sweet girl with kindness in her heart. She loves the serenity and clarity of the snow. She loves to read, especially books of the Edwardian era, from where she takes ideas for the outfits she ensembles.
Victoria likes girly outfits with frills and laces. She inspires herself by the 1800’s fashion and lifestyle, developing her own personal style adapted to the modern times. She believes one can be “in vogue” even in the middle of the artic pole. Her favorite colors are baby blue, white and black and has a soft spot for velvet. But her outfits would never be complete without a daring accessory that catches everyone’s eye: in this case a classic top-hat with feathers. Victoria knows very well how to add that special touch!
Her outfit consist of:
- A puff-sleeved dress with a combination of fabrics: black velvet and herringbone. Embellished with baby blue polka dots, pompom trim and a delicate “frosting” of beads and pearls. Her waist is enhanced by a black ribbon belt, and the front pannel has 6 black buttons.
- A white cotton turtle-neck shirt to keep her warm.
- A ruffled necklace with a gem button in shades of baby blue and gold.
- A tulle underskirt with a trim of lace with details in baby blue embroidery.
- A 6 layer tulle petticoat.
- A pair of white bloomers embellished with fine laces.
- A pair of white fishnet stockings.
- A black velvet top hat, with baby blue ribbon and a decoration of black feathers.
- 2 hair bows.
- A crochet beret, made of fantasy yarn to resemble fur.
- A crocheted cape, matching her beret, both sprinkled with beads and pearls.
- A pair of black and white faux leather shoes.
- Orsa, the little blue bear.
- Hair: Rerooted in pale grey saran, cut and styled into 2 ponytails, curled. Bangs cut and “Hime” style added.
- Make up: Airbrushed eyeshadow in tones of baby blue and white for a “frosted” look. Eyelids airbrushed in matching tones. Blush applied with pastels.
- Lips: Carved, to make a small subtle smile. Painted in realistic tones of pink and red, and glossed.
- Lashes: changed for longer fuller lush lashes.
- Eyes: 4 sets changed for Dark ocean blue, Pale aqua blue, Grey, Sky Blue.
- Sleepy eyes, with a special pull ring in the shape of a white rose.
- Pull-ringwas changed for one translucent with glitter.
Team “I Have Wings” is composed by only one member: Romina Galotta.
I studied Film Making but after graduating I decided to change course so
studied Graphic Design. That is my field and what I do regularly. But I
have always had a soft spot for fashion so I took some classes on
pattern making, dress making, fashion editorial and history of fashion.
I found everything I have studied has been useful in different areas
(technical skills from Film Making school helps with my photography,
graphic design helps with colors, shapes, concepts). I am still learning
all the time. I always want to learn new techniques for photographing,
knitting, embroidery, sculpting… Anything that can take my work to a
different level and keep it fresh.
Going to Tokyo for the Openning Party and the Blythe beauty Contest Exhibition is a dream come true, and I hope it opens the door to lovely and exciting new projects!